Vitamix CIA Professional Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor, Platinum Review
For people who are looking for a powerful blender, the Vitamix CIA Professional Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor is one of the top choices. This blender is so powerful that the 2+ horsepower motor allows the blades to spin at speeds of 240 MPH, which allows the blender to quickly and easily reduce anything to nothing but smoothness. The blender itself measures 8 ¾ x 7 ¼ x 20 inches, which allows it to easily fit on any countertop, but can also fit in most kitchen cupboards.
- Variable Speed Settings – Most blenders come with variable speed settings, but not all of them work as well as the Vitamix. These speed settings are adjustable from low to high, with the highest setting giving the blades speeds up to 240 MPH.
- Durable Construction – One problem that I have had with other blenders is that they don’t feel very durable. The Vitamix is made from all metal, so I know it is going to hold up to just about anything. In addition, I don’t have to worry about any parts chipping or warping with age. The blades are stainless steel, so I don’t have to worry about them rusting, but they also cut through just about anything without going dull.
- 64-Ounce Jar – The 64-ounce jar is big enough to make smoothies for my entire family in one sitting. Moreover, unlike some blenders out there I really get 64-ounces of smoothies when making them, not some smoothie, and a bunch of foam.
- Safety Shutoff – One thing that the newer Vitamixes have is a safety shutoff. This is a great feature to have because it prevents users from overloading the blender. Overloading the blender can cause unnecessary strain on the motor causing the blender to quit working. The safety shutoff shuts off the blender if the motor gets too hot.
- Noisy – The biggest problem that I have faced with my Vitamix blender is how noisy it is on the highest setting. However, even though it is noisier than other blenders on high I have found if there is liquid inside the blender it is quieter than if it is blending whole
foods, such as celery and beets.
One of the most interesting things to not with this blender is that the friction caused by how fast the blades move are perfect for making soup hot enough to serve directly out of the blender. In fact using the Vitamix is actually faster than using the microwave. The Vitamix is also one of the easiest blenders to clean, simply place some hot water inside the 64-ounce jar, add a few drops of dish soap and turn on for a few minutes. While this blender is more expensive than other blenders on the market it is definitely worth the high price because of everything that it can do, and it comes with a 7-year warranty.